This is your technical guide to the Fall/Winter 2011 Colors! The top half includes the base colors of your outfit (dress, pants, shirt) and the bottom half is the pop colors you should add (scarves, socks, hats, shoes) in these colors. Of course you could do it the other way around too!
- Buy your main pieces in the top colors. The best thing is that they could be simple.
- Buy Accessories in bottom colors
Some Sample looks from topshop ( I will do a fall “must have” pieces next):
During LFW, one the biggest trends on the streets was red lipstick and for some reason I got an “idee fixee” of putting red lipstick on. Luckily the lovely people at Mac were there to do our lipstick (which btw takes longer than you would think to do it properly.) So here is what I learned!
1) Decide whether you want a deep sultry red (classic) or a bright bold red (trendy). According to my make-up artist I should use a coral-red (something with orange in it) but you should go into a store and ask or try on something you like if you are not sure. I opted for something a bit bold but still classic -Mac “Lady Danger”
2) Use a primer to soften your lips. Alternatively use a towel and dip it in warm water and scrub the dead skin off your lips then throw on some chapstick.
3)Dab some concealer on your lips to make them “blank”
4) Use a lip Liner in the same or similar color as your lipstick and outline your lips then fill them in.
5) Fill them in with your lipstick and tada!!!
I always hairstyles are cool but when it comes to actually cutting my hair i’m a wimp. Anyway I had been wanting a “fringe” as the english say (i actually prefer it to our american “bangs”) for quite a while but I never quite did it until today! I got a free haircut from Saks academy in London and I think they did quite a good job. What do you think?
My Inspiration Anna Karina
me and my montblanc!
Okay Lately ive been obsessed with socks, hosiery, and stockings. I just think over the knee socks and sheer low socks are very Sexy! I remember once I was going to a wedding wearing over the knee black socks a black boat-neck, sleeveless dress (rather loose-fitting) that went up to my mid- thigh with some little black high heeled booties and I asked my brother if he thought my outfit was okay and basically he said it looks good but its a little too sexy and i said “I’m only showing my arms and 5 inches of my legs” and he said “yeah but you know sometimes its about how you don’t show it!” anyway something about longsocks and stockings is extremely sexy!
Jean Paul Gaultier Spring/Summer 2010
CHEAP: check out american apparel’s wide selection of socks, stockings, and hosiery! for under $20