I’ve been looking for a nude lipstick for a while now. I have one that is nude-ish from MAC (‘Kinda Sexy’) but its more of a light pink. I really wanted to go for the Lana Del Rey sort of pale lips look but I went to MAC to try and find one but they were too pale for my skintone, they almost looked white. I have tried using concealer as lipstick and that worked but I wanted an actual lipstick. Then I found this Kate Moss for rimmel lipstick in 26 and I thought it’s the perfect color. You can see below in the picture that I’ve posted of me with feathers on my face, for your enjoyment. Of course you can’t tell so much because it’s nude but its really moisturizing and smells really good and the best price is that it’s £5! You can find it at Boots or Target I would assume (it’s cheaper in dollars!). Anyway do you know of any good nudes?
As I said before, I was so inspired by the Peter Jensen show I went to at the V&A that I decided to do some DIYs. This one here is one I have been wanting to do for a while. I once saw Alexa Chung wearing natural colored knee high tights like these (minues the tattoo) paired with cutoff shorts so I knew I would love them with the tattoo prints!!! This one is easy and fast but you need to be careful not to rip the stockings.
You will need:
- Natural or tan colored knee-high tights (you can also do full tights). I recommend getting as high ‘denier’ as possible (denier refers to the thickness of the tights so the higher the number the thicker the tights.
- Permanant marker with a thin tip. I bought this ‘promarker’ at the art store for less than 2£. Sharpies will also work. I recommend a dark brown color.
- Thin cardboard cut out to 4in x 8in . I used one I got from a package of tights but you could also use a piece from a cereal box.
- a print out or print outs of simple designs you want on your tights. I just typed in ‘cherry blossom outlines’ into google images and it came up with these. You can use hearts, mermaids, flowers, stars, or whatever you want.
1) Either wrap your design around your cardboard like I did here, or if you have lots of little designs, like the ones on the Peter Jensen tights, cut them out and tape or glue them to the front and back of your cardboard.
This is how my design looks wrapped around my cardboard.2) Measure the part where your foot will go in your stocking since you don’t want to draw on this part (or maybe you do). I would say you start drawing one quarter of the way up your stocking like I have marked where my finger is.
3) Stretch the stocking with your fingers like this and carefully slip the cardboard down to where I had it marked with my finger. You can stick your hand into the end of the cardboard and fold the cardboard inwards so it won’t get stuck on the stocking and rip it.
It should look like this once you have slipped it down.
4) Since the cardboard is thin it will want to flip up so you have to hold it down with one of your hands like I am doing below.
5)While you are holding it down with your free hand, start tracing over the drawing with your writing hand. Do not trace too roughly because this streches the nylon. Do it slowly without putting too much pressure. When you are done with the front side turn over and trace the backside (if there is anything there).
6) When you are done, stick your hand in there and grab the cardboard like I am doing below and pull up so that you can cover the upper half of the stocking.
7) Reapeat steps 4 &5. Then slip the cardboard out and you are done!!!
These are how mine came out. I decided to get stockings with shimmer because I thought they looked more festive but you can also get matte looking ones to look more like tattoos. You can also use black marker for a darker ‘tattoo.’
Light tones of brown in khaki, leather, cotton, linen, wool(okay not for super hot weather)…it’s archaeologist meets haute couture. Get inspiration from all these looks capes, loose fitting rolled up trousers, khaki, leather sandals, loose flowing brown skirt. I picked out the most inspiring looks from the look books from some fashion houses! ENJOY!
Pret-a-Porter Spring 2010
Zara has a lot of outfits in right now and you can get some great pieces for under $100 unfortunately they don’t have an online shop but you can look up the nearest one!
Cheap IDEA: Visit your local surplus store and pick out a military jacket that fits rather loosly, add a brown leather belt, roll up the sleeves and pair with leather sandals. Uncle Sam’s deals sells this jacket for about $60