Ever since I saw Giselle wearing the neon pumps below in the December issue of British Vogue, I was obsessed. I’ve been really feeling the neon accents because it gives your wardrobe a touch of color and is chic and clean in a modernists sort of way. Anyway here is the super easy DIY.
Jimmy Choo makes pumps and strappy sandals in neon, neon green, neon pink, neon orange, and neon blue. The cool part about this DIY is that you can use either pumps you have lying around or strappy sandals look equally cool as well. I will definitely wear these with a black dress probably for new year’s eve but I think they look cool with jeans as well.
You will Need:
- a pair of pumps or strappy heels
- white spray paint
- Neon spray paint (in whatever shade you want)
- tape ( I used scotch tape but white tape is easier to use I think)
1) use the tape to cover up areas that you don’t want spray painted such as the sole or the opposite sides of straps.
5) Let it dry over night and then spray paint any areas you might have missed.
This is the finished product and I am very happy with it. I do recommend getting the white paper-like tape because I think it is easier to handle and will help you cover up areas and leave you with a cleaner shoe!