I don’t know how long ago it was (not too long) I saw a poll by Free People on FB asking which model you would like to see modeling Free People. I came across this new lookbook today and I was quite surprised that it was Freja Erichsen because she models for haute couture. Needless to say that I do like this lookbook and especially the way it is styled note the white mini dress that reminds me of a very famous one that Jane Birkin wore which has inspired many hommages recently. What do you think?
I love these new limited edition party dresses from Free People. They are romantic and glamorous but still have a relaxed hippie feel. I could see this worn with long loose curls or a ballerina bun and really sultry make-up for an X-mas party or even natural make-up for a dressed-up day outfit. What do you girls think?
- Take a sequined corset top and wear with a long boho/hippie skirt
- lengthen a short flapper dress by wearing a long chiffon skirt of the same color underneath
Lately I have noticed people with “feather extensions” in their hair, basically colorful feathers througout the hair which you can get professionally put in at the hair salon. This reminded me of “hair wraps” that they used to do at theme parks and other places. I love this look and you can even wrap a feather at the end of it. It gives your hair a colorful addition and its super simple and cheap.
You will need:
1 x embroidery thread (you can get this from a craft store for about 50cents) more if you want more colors
1) Choose the place where you want to do do the hair wrap and grab about 2 inches of hair. I chose this spot because I can hide it or choose to show it. (Forgive my frizzy hair)
2) Braid this chunk of your hair and tie a small hair tie at the end.
3) Get about 20 inches of embroidery thread ( you can do more if you know you are going to use one color but it i really annoying to wrap a long string so I did it in pieces.) Tie the string on the top part of the braid leaving about one inch of string.
4) Hold down the one inch along the braid and start wrapping around making sure each wrap is next to each other. When you finish with the first string make one wrap then hold part of the string down on the braid, grab the next string and tie it around the braid right next to the other one making sure it stays right next to each other. You can change colors at this point or continue with these steps until you get to the bottom. Once you get to the bottom you can tie a knot and you are done!
5) If you want to add a feather: when you are about one inch of your hair from finishing grab a feather ( I only had peacock) and hold it against your hair. Keep wrapping around the hair and feather until you reach the end of your hair then tie around and into a knot and you are done!
Mine turned out a bit messy but I ended up liking it. Now think if you add a braid here a feather there some jewelery and a really bohemian outfit!
So I decided to put rings on our Etsy store because I buy a ton of them for myself (i’m addicted) so I think selling will help me quench a bit of this thirst to buy. I have put some Vintage Turquoise rings as well as new Sterling Silver cocktail rings! You can click on this link to view as well as the link on the right side bar of this page!!! Size adjustment is included in price!