I just love this shoe! I think besides having reputation clear straps can give you long looking legs. As you know I love neon so I think it gives the heels an edge! Anyway see below for DIY that is quite similar to this one I did before.
What you Need
- sexy clear platform heels
- Neon Spray paint
1) use the tape to cover up areas that you don’t want spray painted such as the sole or the opposite sides of straps.
2) Take the white spray paint and begin spray painting the shoes evenly. I think it works best on a leather like surface although mine was satin and it still worked.
3) Now you are ready for the neon. Begin spray painting the shoe evenly and make sure you do all parts, including the heel.
4) Let it dry over night and then spray paint any areas you might have missed.
In high school I used to wear a safety pin bracelet to keep me “safe” and I thought it fit with my skater punk style then. I used to wear them pinned together like a chain. When I saw this DIY at LoveMaegan It brought back memories!
What you need
60+ Safety pins in your preferred size
elastic with the thickness corresponding to the safety pin size
pin and needle to sew the elastic together
Saw this image for ELLE via StuddedHearts and thought it would be cool (can you tell I have a one-track mind). What do you think about these?
What you need:
Studs you can buy these on ebay or at a craft store
What to do:
Once you have the studs you can place them all over your converse or you can do it with lines that are all equally spaced.
As I said before, I was so inspired by the Peter Jensen show I went to at the V&A that I decided to do some DIYs. This one here is one I have been wanting to do for a while. I once saw Alexa Chung wearing natural colored knee high tights like these (minues the tattoo) paired with cutoff shorts so I knew I would love them with the tattoo prints!!! This one is easy and fast but you need to be careful not to rip the stockings.
You will need:
- Natural or tan colored knee-high tights (you can also do full tights). I recommend getting as high ‘denier’ as possible (denier refers to the thickness of the tights so the higher the number the thicker the tights.
- Permanant marker with a thin tip. I bought this ‘promarker’ at the art store for less than 2£. Sharpies will also work. I recommend a dark brown color.
- Thin cardboard cut out to 4in x 8in . I used one I got from a package of tights but you could also use a piece from a cereal box.
- a print out or print outs of simple designs you want on your tights. I just typed in ‘cherry blossom outlines’ into google images and it came up with these. You can use hearts, mermaids, flowers, stars, or whatever you want.
1) Either wrap your design around your cardboard like I did here, or if you have lots of little designs, like the ones on the Peter Jensen tights, cut them out and tape or glue them to the front and back of your cardboard.
This is how my design looks wrapped around my cardboard.2) Measure the part where your foot will go in your stocking since you don’t want to draw on this part (or maybe you do). I would say you start drawing one quarter of the way up your stocking like I have marked where my finger is.
3) Stretch the stocking with your fingers like this and carefully slip the cardboard down to where I had it marked with my finger. You can stick your hand into the end of the cardboard and fold the cardboard inwards so it won’t get stuck on the stocking and rip it.
It should look like this once you have slipped it down.
4) Since the cardboard is thin it will want to flip up so you have to hold it down with one of your hands like I am doing below.
5)While you are holding it down with your free hand, start tracing over the drawing with your writing hand. Do not trace too roughly because this streches the nylon. Do it slowly without putting too much pressure. When you are done with the front side turn over and trace the backside (if there is anything there).
6) When you are done, stick your hand in there and grab the cardboard like I am doing below and pull up so that you can cover the upper half of the stocking.
7) Reapeat steps 4 &5. Then slip the cardboard out and you are done!!!
These are how mine came out. I decided to get stockings with shimmer because I thought they looked more festive but you can also get matte looking ones to look more like tattoos. You can also use black marker for a darker ‘tattoo.’